Ear, nose, and throat are some of the most vital organs of our body. The branch of medical science that deals with the treatment of these body parts is called ENT or Ear, Nose Throat. The ENT specialists treat the conditions by prescribing medication or through surgery. Many such doctors also treat conditions affecting your head and neck. If you are looking for ENT specialists in Delhi or an ENT Doctor on call in India, you will find the best ones on DocGenie.
Why should you consult an ENT doctor?
In general, conditions affecting your ear, nose, and throat are mild and hardly acquire severity. Also in most cases, they get cured on their own. However, it is important to note that such conditions might affect your lifestyle. It is always recommended to consult an ENT specialist on time. Highly skilled ENT doctors with years of experience are onboard on DocGenie. You can book a session with one of our doctors for timely intervention.
If you are in Delhi and are afflicted with the following conditions by all means consult specialists in Delhi –
- If your hoarseness lasts for more than two weeks -it could be a symptom of cancer in the larynx.
- If you are having difficulty in swallowing – it could be from digestive disorders, signs of cancer or neurological conditions like stroke.
- If you are snoring with or without sleep apnoea – snoring is a gap in breathing for more than 10 seconds. Sleep apnoea indicates risks of high blood pressure, heart conditions, and stroke. Sleep apnoea is also associated with feelings of drowsiness the day, difficulty in concentrating, spells of anger, and morning headaches.
- If you are having balance problems that occur due to issues in the inner ear.It can cause sudden falls and can be very risky if you are working with machines, driving, or walking on roads.
- If you are experiencing sudden hearing loss – this could be from damage to the ear and needs immediate medical intervention. However, it can also happen from infections or meningitis.
- If you are experiencing painless swelling on your neck for more than two weeks -it could be due to acne, or a sign of cancer.
- If you are having breathing problems – it could be a symptom of allergic inflammation of tissues in the nose, fungal sinusitis, sinuses or lung cancer, chest infection, asthma, or even tuberculosis.
- If your cough lasts for over three weeks – it could be due to pharyngitis or a food pipe/lung cancer.
- If you are having recurrent nosebleeds – it could be a symptom of cancer of the sinuses.
- If you are having facial pain or headaches – it may be due to toothache, migraine, neurological disorder or even brain cancer.
Doctors onboard DocGenieare ready to help you through online doctor consultations for any of these issues.ENT specialists in Delhi often suggest different tests to identify the real cause of the condition. These tests are mostly for your ears, nose, and throat. However, the doctors may also recommend some blood tests, MRIs, X-rays, and CT and PET scan for proper diagnosis.
With the pandemic disrupting our ways of life in every possible way, our healthcare practices have also changed. Today, more and more people are opting for online doctor consultation or for the doctor on-call in India. Such consultations also help in avoiding the dull waiting hours at clinics however, since this is a new and emerging mode of doctor consultation, it is important to prepare in advance.
If you are scheduling an online session with an ENT Doctor, the following points will help to make most of your session-
- Note down all the questions that you want to ask your ENT Doctor.
- Make a list of the medications including the supplements you are taking.
- Let someone else join the session. He/she can take notes of everything the doctor says.
- In case you are unable to understand what the doctor is saying, ask the specialist to explain again.
- Make sure to get the prescription and have a clear understanding of the dosage; also enquire about the side effects.
DocGenie is an online telemedicine platform that provides you with quality healthcare from the comfort of your own space. On DocGenie, you can book an online consultation with highly qualified doctors as well as book lab tests for home collection.