Global Talent Visa
Global Talent visa is for people with exceptional talent or emerging or ‘promise’ talent.
There are two stages to applying for a Global talent visa UK– application for endorsement from the Home Office and application for the visa. Once the Home Office grants the application, you can live up to 5 years on a ‘promise’ category and 3 years on a talent category. Upon settlement and permanent residency, you can even apply for citizenship in the UK.
The categories include:
- Digital technology
- The arts
- Film and television
Dependants are family members who can move to the UK with an individual with a Global talent visa.
The family members must get their dependant visa before they can arrive in the UK
In certain circumstances, if the dependants are already British citizen, they would no longer need to apply for a dependant visa.
A ‘dependant’ can be
- Husband, wife, unmarried partner or civil partner
- your child over 18 if they’re already living in the UK as your dependant
- Child under 18 – if they were born in the UK during your stay
The visa seeker will have to prove the relationship with the dependant.
If Dependants visiting for a short period
- Dependants or family members can visit for a short period.
- While visiting for short periods, they must apply for a standard visitor visa
- This visa allows you to spend time with your family members in the UK for up to 6 months.
Apply for the Dependant visa from outside the UK
- While applying for a dependent visa from outside the UK, an online visa application has to be made
- It can be either done at the time the application of the main applicant is being done or can be done separately by the individual also.
- Once the application is submitted, you must upload the set of documents asked by the Home Office
- Booking and attending the biometrics process at a pre decided visa application centre.
- Biometrics resident permit has to be collected from the designated post office within 30 days of arrival in the UK.
Applying for the Dependant visa from within the UK
- Dependants can choose to switch to another visa category or extend their stay in the Uk with the Global talent visa holder.
- It is best to apply along with the applicant. The details can be added in the main applicants form with the reason to visit the UK.
Steps for application
- Filing the online application form.
- Upload the documents as asked.
- Pay healthcare surcharge, if applicable.
- Application fee of £608 for each dependant applying.
- Complete the biometrics process. The fee for biometric is £19.20.
If the dependant is a child between 16 and 18 years, any 2 of the following documents are required to evidence:
- a bank statement
- driving licence
- credit card bills
- An official letter from their university or college
- NHS registration document
The application can be exhaustive and require close follow-ups, it may be useful that an expert immigration solicitor can be consulted to represent the applicant and help in completing the application smoothly, in time.
Checklist of Documents
- Birth certificate
- Medical certificate. Tuberculosis test results, if applicable
- Record of a criminal offence, if any
- Proof of relation with dependant if applying as husband, wife, or partner
If the documents provided are not in English or Welsh. Then correct and certified translations must be presented from a certified authority.